Amidst the Doom craze in the early 90s, where everyone and their mom was coming out with a Doom clone, there were a few games that managed to stand out. One of those being 1994’s Heretic. Using a modified version of the Doom engine, the game melded FPS gameplay with RPG elements, and included gory bits that even Doom missed. After Heretic came Hexen a year later. Both games would receive their respective sequels, but that third game was elusive for both.
Now after years of waiting, indie studio Indefatigable (made up of the producers of DUSK and the creators of Return of the Triad remake) has revealed via trailer the spiritual successor to Heretic and Hexen in Amid Evil. Powered by the Unreal Engine 4, and featuring the magical weaponry and dark fantasy environments of its inspirations, Amid Evil will also feature sprawling non-linear levels, brutal enemy AI, and even cheat codes for that special throwback touch.
Right now, the game is on Steam with a release date of “SOON”. Until then, here’s that trailer.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- The Latest ‘Hellblade’ Trailer Brings the Terror
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?