I’m a sucker for retro videogames. They were part of my childhood, after all. And while I never got into many adventure game when I was younger, Abstraction Games is looking to rectify that come Halloween with their 8-Bit Adventure Anthology (Volume One), the first volume (duh) of classic adventure titles.
Set for release October 31st on Steam, PlayStation 4, and XBox One for $6.95 USD (13% off the normal retail price of $7.99), Volume One of 8-Bit Adventure Anthology contains three classics from ICOM Simulations: The Uninvited, Shadowgate, and Déjà Vu. For those keeping track, these three games were all at some point ported from the Apple Macintosh to various computers and consoles, including the NES (which are the versions included in this first volume).
The compilation will feature a new 8-bit style menu, beautifully composed chiptunes, and “the most outstanding ‘old TV’ effects you’ve ever seen”. Basically, you’ll be able to play the games as if you were on an old CRT monitor or television. If you’re not into that, you’ve got the plain vanilla look. While you’re at it, be sure to check out the retro-inspired website for the collection, which as you can probably guess, has some classic adventure gaming elements to its navigation.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- 5 Horror Game Villains We Love to Hate!
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- Our Most Anticipated Psychological Horror Games
- [E3 2017] Monster Hunters Wanted for ‘Hunt: Showdown’
- One, Two, Here’s Some Freddy Krueger Art for You
- Take Back The Planet From Zombies In ‘They Are Billions’
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay