The Evil Within 2 has already been out for two weeks, and has received pretty good reviews. Our own Jimmy Champane feels the game is right up there with Capcom’s Resident Evil VII as the best horror game this year. There is, however, one thing separating the two games that truly gives the suspense and the horror an extra kick: first-person mode. RE7 has it, while The Evil Within 2 doesn’t. Well, initially, at least.
The Evil Within 2 actually has full support for first-person gameplay for a handful of moments, but the game is still played via over-the-shoulder view. However, as mentioned by Jimmy, a Reddit user discovered that on the PC, you can enter a console command that allows you to enable first person mode from the get-go. So, you end up with having the view for shooting as well as for cover.
To enable the “mode”, do the following:
- Right click The Evil Within 2 on Steam
- Click Properties
- Set Launch Options
- Add “+com_allowconsole 1” and press OK.
- Once in the game proper press Insert
- Write “pl_FPS 1”
- Press Enter and enjoy
The best part is that enabling the mode won’t disable achievements, so you’re good to go on that front. If, for whatever reason, you want to switch back to the over-the-shoulder view, you just enter the code again but replace the “1” with a “0”.
The Evil Within 2 is currently out now on PC, XBox One and PlayStation 4.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- The Latest ‘Hellblade’ Trailer Brings the Terror
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?