Usually if you’re a small developer, and you’re wanting to go the Steam route, you’d generally post your project in Early Access. Not for Welcome to Hanwell, as the open-world horror game is now available on Steam.
Created by Nathan Seedhouse, the game takes place in the town of Hanwell. Covered in dense fog, the town is sparsely populated, save for creatures known as Anomalies that roam the streets. When the Anomalies first appeared, the Hanwell Council of Public Protection (HCPP) was created to keep residents safe. However, things have gotten worse, and with the HCPP failing, you’re stuck. Not to mention, you’re being stalked by someone or something from the shadows.
Welcome To Hanwell promises an entire city to explore, featuring different environments “each more distinct than the last”. Evoking Silent Hill-like vibes, that’s all on top of the combat, which is up close and personal. Right now, the game is on a 10% discount until Halloween, so if you’re interested, check it out.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- Experience Underground Nightmares with ‘Ergastulum’
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Take Back The Planet From Zombies In ‘They Are Billions’
- NES Jason Returns In ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’