There’s not enough horror VR games set in space. Sure, you’ve got DOOM VFR due out in Decemeber, but for those needing their fix now (and with a focus on stealth and survival), then Bigmoon Entertainment and Camel 101’s survival horror game Syndrome should fit the bill.
Already out on Steam, the game is set for release October 6th for PlayStation 4 and XBox One, with compatibility for PS VR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. Syndrome puts you on board the claustrophobic corridors of the seemingly-deserted SPS Valkenburg, a deep space exploration and science ship. Of course, it’s not as abandoned as you think, with the crew on the ship either dead or “changed”.
In order to survive, players must explore the confines of the ship for the few weapons aboard, moving as stealthily as possible to avoid direct enemy combat. Amongst the numerous reactive monstrocities lurking about, players can interact with keypads and computer consoles to find clues as to what happened that got you into this mess, and how to eventually escape. A big draw is the game’s endless VR Survival mode, where players must scavenge the ship for weapons and supplies to face continual waves of enemies set to destroy and dismember anything in their sight.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- The Latest ‘Hellblade’ Trailer Brings the Terror
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?