Yeah, we’re all still waiting on Capcom to finally give us even a morsel of info on the Resident Evil 2 remake. Heck, saying that it was due “soon” was over three months ago! Leave it to Steamforged Games (the same folks behind the Dark Souls board game) to give us something to gnaw on with the announcement – and funding – of their board game based on RE2.
Resident Evil 2 – The Board Game was announced yesterday, and within an hour, had broken its funding goal of £150,000 (£289,689 pledged), with 27 days to go in the campaign. There are still stretch goals left to unlock at £300,000, but that shouldn’t be a problem.
The game, set for 1-4 players and “designed specifically for the Resident Evil universe from the ground up”, has you choosing from the expected familiar characters, before venturing into the zombie-infested streets and buildings of Raccoon City in a desperate fight to escape. The Kickstarter page states that the game uses “world-class miniatures and innovative new mechanics [to] help deliver an experience that captures the essence of the much-loved original video games while offering new twists and turns.”
I know it’s not what every RE2 fans wants, but for those who fancy boardgames, you definitely can’t go wrong with something like this. The game is expected to ship in September 2018, and will be available worldwide.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- The Latest ‘Hellblade’ Trailer Brings the Terror
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?