Okay, I get it. Some of you aren’t happy with how Gun Media and Illfonic have been handling Friday The 13th: The Game, and you have the right to be. The company has however been trying to make it up to players over the frustration of bugs and online community interaction. And in a recent forum post, Illfonic executive producer Joshua Gertz laid out their content plans over the next two months for game updates.
In the post, Gertz does acknowledge the frustration for XBox players and the memory leak issue. The process of getting that patch rolled out was delayed by the certification process on XBox, and Gertz did post a link to the outline of the next patch’s progress. Gertz also acknowledged that they are working on the single player aspect (which yes, should have been released by now). They’ve also hired additional staff to get a handle on things (which again, was something that they should have done earlier).
If you’ve read my useless opinion on Twitter (or heard the banter from Jimmy Champane and John), we know that yes, it’s a small indie team working on this game, and they don’t have the same resources as a AAA studio. However, that doesn’t mean that they should get a free pass, either. The game, for all its good things, was marred by not-so-good things when it was released, and the team was slow to pick up the slack. But again, they are making steps towards getting things fixed up, and it gets to be a lot of fun when things go well. So, hang tight!
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- The Latest ‘Hellblade’ Trailer Brings the Terror
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?