Put this one in the “didn’t see this coming” category.
At the Nintendo Direct event late yesterday, Bethesda not only announced the release date for Skyrim, but also announced that 2016’s DOOM and the upcoming Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus would be headed to the Switch! DOOM will be released this holiday season, and include online multiplayer as well as the single-player campaign. Meanwhile, Wolfenstein II, while slated for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on October 24th, will release on the Switch in 2018.
The idea of taking DOOM on the road for multiplayer action is an awesome one, but with the limitations of the Switch (we’re still waiting to see if Capcom will be able to bring Resident Evil VII to the Switch), the execution is going to be a question. I guess we’ll find out come Christmas.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- Experience Underground Nightmares with ‘Ergastulum’
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Take Back The Planet From Zombies In ‘They Are Billions’
- NES Jason Returns In ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’