Say what you will about Gun Media’s Friday The 13th: The Game, but you can’t deny that it’s been a success for the indie company. Yes, there are issues that should’ve been stomped out before release, but the devs are trying to make amends including bug fixes and better communication with players, as well as the recent announcement of a new map and Jason based on The Final Chapter. More importantly, however, is that the game has not only sold over 1.8 million copies worldwide, but according to the Guinness World Records, it’s achieved something more.
According to a tweet by a fan, the 2018 version of the Guinness World Records Gamer’s Edition book lists the game as having earned the Guinness World Record for “Most Crowdfunded Videogame Based on a Movie”, with over $2 million raised on Kickstarter and Backerkit. Yeah, it’s kind of an obscure trivia piece, but as a Friday fan, I’ll take it!
If you haven’t had the chance to play the game yet, head to the official website and plunk down some dollars to get it. Or, if you’re the patient type, you can get the physical version next month for consoles.
- ‘Song Of Horror’ Sings of a Spooky Trailer
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- Top 6 Serial Killers in Video Games!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- Experience Underground Nightmares with ‘Ergastulum’