Those hungry for more info on Bandai Namco’s vampire-centric RPG Code Vein are in luck. The company has released a few more tidbits and info to gnaw on, including two new characters!
In the vein (sorry) of games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, Code Vein will feature a Gift system that increases attack or defense. The system allows usage of up to 8 gifts during battle. Gifts can also be passive and gained with specific items or equipment. And like Dark Souls, the game will feature a Stamina Gauge, which will have players managing all their actions (including attacks, evading, dashing and drain).
The game will also have a Focus System, where players can temporarily increase characters abilities during battle. This is best used when receiving and dodging attacks or surrounded by multiple enemies. The Focus System allows players to fight back in extreme situations, acquiring a power boost when intentionally placing themselves in danger. They can negate an attack, increase their own attack and throw enemies in the air! Lastly, the Partner Action will help players during fights. Companions will support players by attacking during battles, enhancing the skills and sharing Health Points when needed.
In addition to being joined on your quest by previously-announced characters Mia and Yakumo, you will also meet up with Louis and Io. Louis is a young leader helping Revenants suffering from bloodlust, and is looking for a source of Blood Beads to use as a substitute for human blood. Io is a female Revenant with no memory of her past who will potentially join the player on their journey.
To read the rest of Bandai Namco’s announcement, head here. Code Vein is due in 2018 for PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC.
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games