Anyone familiar with video game music in the current and past generations knows about Jesper Kyd. The dude has done music for, to put it lightly, quite a few games. Highlights include the Assassin’s Creed series, the Hitman series and Darksiders 2, to name a few. He’s even got a BAFTA to his name for Hitman: Contracts.
Sumthing Else Music Works has announced that Kyd’s work for the 2015 first person melee/shooter Warhammer: The End Times – Vermintide (which you can find here on Steam) will be released via digital and streaming outlets on September 26th. The massive 36-track album compiled by Kyd includes the core game’s original soundtrack, new music from the DLC expansions as well as instrumental songs heard in the game’s local tavern, Red Moon Inn.
While the Warhammer universe isn’t my thing, Kyd is still a fantastic composer. I mean, he cites Vangelis and Jerry Goldsmith as influences. How can you argue with that? You can pre-order the soundtrack here.
- ‘Song Of Horror’ Sings of a Spooky Trailer
- Top 6 Serial Killers in Video Games!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- Experience Underground Nightmares with ‘Ergastulum’
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art