In spite of the obvious backlash from fans and Hideo Kojima, Konami is plowing ahead with Metal Gear Survive, which had a bunch of screenshots released for Gamescom earlier this week, as well as more information on the game itself. The game, which uses Metal Gear Solid 5‘s Fox Engine, builds upon MGS5‘s base-building component, while also focusing on survival and resource-gathering in order to, well, survive.
The game will have both single player and CO-OP components, with character progress and gear carrying over between the two modes. Your base camp (which you develop and build throughout the game) will be your hub to craft weapons and gear, as well as planning missions. The aforementioned survival aspects have you gathering blue prints and raw materials for crafting, as well as things like growing crops, food and water storage, and even raising animals. And of course, you’ll also have to manage these resources within your base, adding a strategy component to the game.
Say what you will about Konami (who frankly are in a world of their own at this point), but there is something intriguing about Metal Gear Survive, even if it has nothing to do with Kojima’s original vision of the series. The game is expected next year for PC, PlayStation 4 and XBox One.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- Experience Underground Nightmares with ‘Ergastulum’
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Take Back The Planet From Zombies In ‘They Are Billions’
- NES Jason Returns In ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’