Daybreak’s open-world zombie shooter H1Z1: Just Survive has been in Early Access for about a half year, and with its latest big update, has more than just new content.
According to the latest patch notes, the game will be referred to as Just Survive from now on, furthering the split that the devs talked about last year when the game was effectively turned into two separate projects: H1Z1: Just Survive and H1Z1: King of the Hill. As for content, the patch introduces a new map called Badwater Canyon, which is designed for “multiple styles of gameplay in mind”. The map replaces the game’s original map, and will be rolled out in phases worldwide.
Along with the new map, the patch introduces a new feature called Strongholds, which are a form of base which players can fortify with traps and other defenses, and are customizable. Additionally, the weapon mechanics have been “rebuilt from scratch”, introducing tiers and fine-tuning to make them feel unique from one another. Lastly, a new in-game currency has been introduced called Golden Eagle Coins, which allow players to buy Stronghold locations.
To read up on all of the changes/improvements, you can check out the patch notes here.
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 5 Horror Games That Would’ve Made Better Movies!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games