Daybreak’s open-world zombie shooter H1Z1: Just Survive has been in Early Access for about a half year, and with its latest big update, has more than just new content.
According to the latest patch notes, the game will be referred to as Just Survive from now on, furthering the split that the devs talked about last year when the game was effectively turned into two separate projects: H1Z1: Just Survive and H1Z1: King of the Hill. As for content, the patch introduces a new map called Badwater Canyon, which is designed for “multiple styles of gameplay in mind”. The map replaces the game’s original map, and will be rolled out in phases worldwide.
Along with the new map, the patch introduces a new feature called Strongholds, which are a form of base which players can fortify with traps and other defenses, and are customizable. Additionally, the weapon mechanics have been “rebuilt from scratch”, introducing tiers and fine-tuning to make them feel unique from one another. Lastly, a new in-game currency has been introduced called Golden Eagle Coins, which allow players to buy Stronghold locations.
To read up on all of the changes/improvements, you can check out the patch notes here.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- 5 Horror Game Villains We Love to Hate!
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- The Latest ‘Hellblade’ Trailer Brings the Terror
- [E3 2017] Monster Hunters Wanted for ‘Hunt: Showdown’
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2