Rock Pocket Games looks to tap into that always-wonderful Lovecraft mythos for some inspiration with their upcoming First-Person Sci-fi ditty, Moons Of Madness.
The game casts you as astronaut Shane Newehart, who must deal with the supernatural happenings while on the research station Trailblazer Alpha, the first scientific outpost on the planet Mars. Not only that, but Newehart must deal with his own demons, which threaten to exacerbate the already horrifying situation.
Rather than be another “me too” game in the vein of Outlast 2 or Layers of Fear, which lack the puzzle elements of older survival horror games, Moons Of Madness looks to strike more of a balance between puzzle solving and the horror the player will experience. As well, the game will be a more story-focused game, with bits and pieces of Newehart’s past being revealed to the player, creating further immersion and endearing the character to the player.
The game will also focus on, according to Rock Pocket Games’ CEO Ivan Moen, “immersing the player into the character’s psychology and its mental illness”. Rock Pocket Games looks to accomplish this through “Zone Outs”, sequences that simulate Lovecraftian madness. Players are exposed to hallucinations and visions as they play through the game. They have to understand what the visions are expressing, as the visions foreshadow certain events mapping out the character’s history. Pile on top of that analysis of NASA and Space X research, and Moons Of Madness looks to have a more grounded reality that will hit players hard.
Hit up the official site for screenshots and more info on the game, which looks to hit PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 early next year.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Counsellors For ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Revealed!
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?