So, Ninja Theory’s Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is now out in the wild. It looks gorgeous, and while I personally haven’t had the chance to play it much (work and all), there’s been a bit of a rumour going around that needs squashing.
First, some background: In the game, Senua is slowly infected by a black rot each time she dies, with the rot taking over more of her body each time. The idea behind this plays into the story, invoking tension and Senua’s fear of her enemies, combined with her degrading mental state. However, according to the rumour, Ninja Theory implemented a function where the game will delete your saves if you die too many times over the course of the game.
Of course, when put to the test (as in PCGamesN‘s experiment), this turns out to be false. However, part of me wanted it to be true, since in some way, it’d be like taking a Dark Souls-esque difficulty to the next level. Which, if you’re into that, would be quite the challenge.
Aside from the rumour, Ninja Theory have released a final Developer Diary for the game. Entitled “The Final Push”, this details the last few days of development, and the process of getting the game ready for release. As it’s been with these diaries, it’s a fascinating look at Ninja Theory’s process, and a great tool for rookie devs.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Counsellors For ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Revealed!
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?