So, the untimely end of production of the NES Classic stinks. That’s no surprise. However, for those willing to invest, Play-Asia has a bit of a consolation for hardcore Nintendo fans.
Right now, Play-Asia have in stock (limited stock, mind you) the Nintendo Classic Mini Famicom, the Japanese version of the NES Classic, for approximately $110 USD. Granted, many of the games are in Japanese, and the lineup of games is slightly different, but at least you get something that’s more affordable than what scalpers are offering for the NES Classic. Plus, for horror fans, you still get Castlevania, Ghosts ‘N Goblins, Metroid and Super C. And, it’s all housed in the vastly cooler-looking Famicom. Much better than the grey box we got in the West.
Hopefully the SNES Classic doesn’t end up with the same shortage problems.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby