So, the untimely end of production of the NES Classic stinks. That’s no surprise. However, for those willing to invest, Play-Asia has a bit of a consolation for hardcore Nintendo fans.
Right now, Play-Asia have in stock (limited stock, mind you) the Nintendo Classic Mini Famicom, the Japanese version of the NES Classic, for approximately $110 USD. Granted, many of the games are in Japanese, and the lineup of games is slightly different, but at least you get something that’s more affordable than what scalpers are offering for the NES Classic. Plus, for horror fans, you still get Castlevania, Ghosts ‘N Goblins, Metroid and Super C. And, it’s all housed in the vastly cooler-looking Famicom. Much better than the grey box we got in the West.
Hopefully the SNES Classic doesn’t end up with the same shortage problems.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date