When we ran the story about Fox being in the process of developing more VR experiences after the “Alien In Utero” VR experience based on Alien Covenant, folks were clamouring for Alien: Isolation to be given the VR treatment. Well, as luck would have it, a Reddit user has created a mod to do just that.
A user by the name of Nibre_ has managed to create a mod called “MotherVR” that expands upon the hidden-away Oculus Rift mode in the game’s code. While the game did have the capability to handle VR, back in 2014, the game wasn’t compatible with the consumer version of the headset, and Sega didn’t have the demand to release a VR update. The result is that the game is now Rift compatible (albeit still in alpha version), with a Vive port in the future.
The result? See for yourself. Good thing you have to play the game sitting down.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date