If the latest sales figures are any indication, it could be a long while before we see another Dead Rising game.
In the latest Capcom earnings update report, not only was the latest entry in the series, Dead Rising 4, left out of the report, it was also left out of Capcom’s “Platinum Titles” page. The page, in case you were wondering, is reserved for titles that have broken the 1 million units sold mark. Making matters worse is that back in April, it was exact same situation, with Capcom estimating that the game would sell two million units. According to VGChartz, Dead Rising 4 has sold just over 650,000 units.
On a more positive note for Capcom, Resident Evil VII has now sold 3.7 million units.
For those keeping track, the Dead Rising series has never exactly been a strong seller. The original game sold 1.8 million units, while Dead Rising 2 sold the most out of all of the games released so far in the series with 3 million units. At least DR4 can take solace in that it’s not the worst in the series in terms of sales. That belongs to the awful Wii port of the original game, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, which sold just under 300,000 units.
So, what’s left for DR4? Well, after the Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf DLC that was released back in June, and Frank’s upcoming appearance in Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite, who knows? Will Dead Rising end up going into the Capcom vault just as the Ghouls ‘N Ghosts, Darkstalkers and Dino Crisis franchises have gone? It’s anyone’s guess.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date