If the latest sales figures are any indication, it could be a long while before we see another Dead Rising game.
In the latest Capcom earnings update report, not only was the latest entry in the series, Dead Rising 4, left out of the report, it was also left out of Capcom’s “Platinum Titles” page. The page, in case you were wondering, is reserved for titles that have broken the 1 million units sold mark. Making matters worse is that back in April, it was exact same situation, with Capcom estimating that the game would sell two million units. According to VGChartz, Dead Rising 4 has sold just over 650,000 units.
On a more positive note for Capcom, Resident Evil VII has now sold 3.7 million units.
For those keeping track, the Dead Rising series has never exactly been a strong seller. The original game sold 1.8 million units, while Dead Rising 2 sold the most out of all of the games released so far in the series with 3 million units. At least DR4 can take solace in that it’s not the worst in the series in terms of sales. That belongs to the awful Wii port of the original game, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop, which sold just under 300,000 units.
So, what’s left for DR4? Well, after the Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini Golf DLC that was released back in June, and Frank’s upcoming appearance in Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite, who knows? Will Dead Rising end up going into the Capcom vault just as the Ghouls ‘N Ghosts, Darkstalkers and Dino Crisis franchises have gone? It’s anyone’s guess.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby