One of the forgotten franchises of Capcom, the fighting game series gave us Gothic horror characters mixed with slick stylized graphics, and gameplay mechanics that worked so well, that Capcom incorporated them into their Street Fighter series. Other than a 2013 HD remake that compiled all three games into one, we haven’t gotten a new entry in the series since 1997 (twenty friggin’ years!). Characters from the series have shown up in other Capcom fighting games, and for Capcom’s upcoming Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, count Darkstalkers 3‘s demon nobleman Jedah to be the latest.
At this year’s Evolution Championship Series aka EVO, an annual fighting game tournament held in Las Vegas, attendees were given a treat as an exhibition match of the still-in-production fighter was on display, which featured Jedah in action (skip to 5:49 for the reveal). Currently, the roster involves fellow Darkstalkers alumni Morrigan, Devil May Cry‘s Dante, Resident Evil‘s Chris Redfield and Ghouls ‘N Ghosts‘ Sir Arthur. That might be all that we get horror-wise for Capcom’s side, but who knows who (or what) we’ll get from Marvel’s side as more characters are revealed.
- ‘Song Of Horror’ Sings of a Spooky Trailer
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- Top 6 Serial Killers in Video Games!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- Experience Underground Nightmares with ‘Ergastulum’