Remember that VR game based on The Walking Dead that Skybound Entertainment and Skydance Interactive were working on? Well, Variety has posted an update today regarding said VR game. Or games, in this case.
Announced yesterday at E3, the first game is expected to be released in 2018, with subsequent games to follow. The game won’t be another mindless zombie masher, however. According to Skybound’s President of Interactive Dan Murray, the focus will be on the interaction between humans, while the zombies themselves will be “something that happens in the background”. It sounds as if it’ll be akin to Telltale Games’ series based on The Walking Dead.
The announcement yesterday was a tight-lipped affair, with no details as to what the game will actually be like, nor any details on platforms. Skydance Interactive President Peter Akeman did state that the goal will be to bring the games to all of the existing high-end systems, which presumably includes Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Playstation VR.
Seeing as we don’t have any word on when those VR experiences based on Alien will show up, this sounds like a nice alternative.
- ‘Resident Evil 2’ Remake Due “Soon”
- [E3 2017] Return to ‘Dying Light’ With New DLC For Free!
- Which Horror Game Won E3?
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- [E3 2017] ‘Agony’ Unleashes Hellish Delights In New Trailer
- [E3 2017] Seek Bloody Vengeance In ‘Unto The End’
- [E3 2017] ‘Until Dawn’ Gets a Prequel in ‘The Inpatient’
- [E3 2017] Survive Zombies And Black Holes in ‘The Persistence’
- NES Jason Returns In ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’
- Check Out This Gritty ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ Fan Film!