Remember that VR game based on The Walking Dead that Skybound Entertainment and Skydance Interactive were working on? Well, Variety has posted an update today regarding said VR game. Or games, in this case.
Announced yesterday at E3, the first game is expected to be released in 2018, with subsequent games to follow. The game won’t be another mindless zombie masher, however. According to Skybound’s President of Interactive Dan Murray, the focus will be on the interaction between humans, while the zombies themselves will be “something that happens in the background”. It sounds as if it’ll be akin to Telltale Games’ series based on The Walking Dead.
The announcement yesterday was a tight-lipped affair, with no details as to what the game will actually be like, nor any details on platforms. Skydance Interactive President Peter Akeman did state that the goal will be to bring the games to all of the existing high-end systems, which presumably includes Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Playstation VR.
Seeing as we don’t have any word on when those VR experiences based on Alien will show up, this sounds like a nice alternative.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date