Remember that VR game based on The Walking Dead that Skybound Entertainment and Skydance Interactive were working on? Well, Variety has posted an update today regarding said VR game. Or games, in this case.
Announced yesterday at E3, the first game is expected to be released in 2018, with subsequent games to follow. The game won’t be another mindless zombie masher, however. According to Skybound’s President of Interactive Dan Murray, the focus will be on the interaction between humans, while the zombies themselves will be “something that happens in the background”. It sounds as if it’ll be akin to Telltale Games’ series based on The Walking Dead.
The announcement yesterday was a tight-lipped affair, with no details as to what the game will actually be like, nor any details on platforms. Skydance Interactive President Peter Akeman did state that the goal will be to bring the games to all of the existing high-end systems, which presumably includes Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Playstation VR.
Seeing as we don’t have any word on when those VR experiences based on Alien will show up, this sounds like a nice alternative.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘System Shock 3’ Concept Art Revealed
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Lust For Darkness’ Launches Kickstarter Page, New Trailer