What do you get when you take the stanima-driven combat system from Dark Souls and combine it with the open-world explore/scavenge/survive mechanics from DayZ and the classic role-playing design of Kings Quest? Throw in a muted cel-shaded art style and you’ll have Ashen, an open-world action RPG set in a creepy, dark fantasy world populated by all kinds of monsters.
It’s coming from Aurora 44 and Annapurna Interactive, who have smartly built the game with what looks to be a deeply addictive cooperative multiplayer mode so we can all share our dungeon spelunkery with a few pals.
Ashen doesn’t have a release date yet, but when it does arrive it’ll be on PC and Xbox One.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’