What do you get when you take the stanima-driven combat system from Dark Souls and combine it with the open-world explore/scavenge/survive mechanics from DayZ and the classic role-playing design of Kings Quest? Throw in a muted cel-shaded art style and you’ll have Ashen, an open-world action RPG set in a creepy, dark fantasy world populated by all kinds of monsters.
It’s coming from Aurora 44 and Annapurna Interactive, who have smartly built the game with what looks to be a deeply addictive cooperative multiplayer mode so we can all share our dungeon spelunkery with a few pals.
Ashen doesn’t have a release date yet, but when it does arrive it’ll be on PC and Xbox One.
- ‘Resident Evil 2’ Remake Due “Soon”
- [E3 2017] Return to ‘Dying Light’ With New DLC For Free!
- Which Horror Game Won E3?
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- [E3 2017] ‘Agony’ Unleashes Hellish Delights In New Trailer
- [E3 2017] Seek Bloody Vengeance In ‘Unto The End’
- [E3 2017] ‘Until Dawn’ Gets a Prequel in ‘The Inpatient’
- [E3 2017] Survive Zombies And Black Holes in ‘The Persistence’
- NES Jason Returns In ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’
- Check Out This Gritty ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ Fan Film!