What do you get when you take the stanima-driven combat system from Dark Souls and combine it with the open-world explore/scavenge/survive mechanics from DayZ and the classic role-playing design of Kings Quest? Throw in a muted cel-shaded art style and you’ll have Ashen, an open-world action RPG set in a creepy, dark fantasy world populated by all kinds of monsters.
It’s coming from Aurora 44 and Annapurna Interactive, who have smartly built the game with what looks to be a deeply addictive cooperative multiplayer mode so we can all share our dungeon spelunkery with a few pals.
Ashen doesn’t have a release date yet, but when it does arrive it’ll be on PC and Xbox One.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date