What do you get when you take the stanima-driven combat system from Dark Souls and combine it with the open-world explore/scavenge/survive mechanics from DayZ and the classic role-playing design of Kings Quest? Throw in a muted cel-shaded art style and you’ll have Ashen, an open-world action RPG set in a creepy, dark fantasy world populated by all kinds of monsters.
It’s coming from Aurora 44 and Annapurna Interactive, who have smartly built the game with what looks to be a deeply addictive cooperative multiplayer mode so we can all share our dungeon spelunkery with a few pals.
Ashen doesn’t have a release date yet, but when it does arrive it’ll be on PC and Xbox One.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- The Latest ‘Hellblade’ Trailer Brings the Terror