As much as we all liked that CG nightmare video Bethesda used to announce The Evil Within 2 at E3 earlier this week, everyone knows you can’t even begin to judge a game until that sweet, sweet gameplay footage drops. And dropped, it has. Shinji Mikami & Co. haven’t strayed very far, at all, from what worked in the original — i.e. the atmosphere, monsters and subtle Resident Evil 4 flavor — all of which are on display in this new footage. The monsters look particularly good. Nothing like seeing a demon waiting for you posed at the end of a dark hallway.
The Evil Within 2 releases October 13 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- 5 Horror Game Villains We Love to Hate!
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- Our Most Anticipated Psychological Horror Games
- [E3 2017] Monster Hunters Wanted for ‘Hunt: Showdown’
- Take Back The Planet From Zombies In ‘They Are Billions’
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!