As much as we all liked that CG nightmare video Bethesda used to announce The Evil Within 2 at E3 earlier this week, everyone knows you can’t even begin to judge a game until that sweet, sweet gameplay footage drops. And dropped, it has. Shinji Mikami & Co. haven’t strayed very far, at all, from what worked in the original — i.e. the atmosphere, monsters and subtle Resident Evil 4 flavor — all of which are on display in this new footage. The monsters look particularly good. Nothing like seeing a demon waiting for you posed at the end of a dark hallway.
The Evil Within 2 releases October 13 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- ‘Resident Evil 2’ Remake Due “Soon”
- [E3 2017] Return to ‘Dying Light’ With New DLC For Free!
- Which Horror Game Won E3?
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- [E3 2017] ‘Agony’ Unleashes Hellish Delights In New Trailer
- [E3 2017] Seek Bloody Vengeance In ‘Unto The End’
- [E3 2017] ‘Until Dawn’ Gets a Prequel in ‘The Inpatient’
- [E3 2017] Survive Zombies And Black Holes in ‘The Persistence’
- NES Jason Returns In ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’
- Check Out This Gritty ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ Fan Film!