Vertigo Games recently confirmed its plans to bring PlayStation VR support to its first-person VR zombie shoot ’em up, Arizona Sunshine, sometime next month. Built exclusively for virtual reality headsets, the game is already available on the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, where it’s been well-received by fans eager to really get in there when they’re blasting apart hordes of ugho ghoul faces.
Per its title, Arizona Sunshine follows a lone survivor, played by you and yours, as they traverse the blistering heat of a post-apocalyptic Arizona in search of fellow wasteland wanderers, wayfarers, and Wile E. Coyotes. Its story campaign is playable both solo or with a friend in local or online co-op, and features a variety of environments ranging from canyons to abandoned mines. There’s also a wave survival mode — naturally — which pits up to four players against an endless stream of ghouls.
And according to a recent press release from Vertigo Games, Arizona Sunshine will benefit from fully integrated support for the new PSVR Aim controller:
“Ever since we started developing for VR, we have prototyped a lot of mechanics — and realistic weapon handling is by far our favorite. On PlayStation VR, you can take your first steps into the zombie apocalypse with the use of regular DualShock 4 controllers, but we’re also supporting the PlayStation Move motion controllers and (even more exciting) the newly released PS VR Aim Controller! Handling your weapons with real-life movements truly is a whole different level of immersion.”
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!