First it was The Thing getting its own board game. And now, Access Games’ survival horror cult fave Deadly Premonition will be getting one. Deadly Premonition: The Board Game launched its Kickstarter today, and reached its goal of $50,000 within 24 hours! Right now, the project stands at just over $60,000, with a whole month to go. The campaign is still open, so if you’re interested, you can throw in as little as $3.
The 2-4 player card-based board game is described as a “passion project” created by Samuel Elphick and Daniel Osuna Perez, two members of the Rising Star Games team, has players returning to the town of Greevale in the wake of the murder of Anna Graham, a victim of the Raincoat Killer. You must protect the innocent while determining who’s guilty, as well as discover who’s not who they say they are. “Our vision was to create a compelling, atmospheric game inspired by Deadly Premonition’s delivery of big reveals, plot twists and consequential moments,” said project co-creator Samuel Elphick.”The venture started out as an idea between colleagues. With hopeful optimism we put together a proposal for Swery and he loved it. Way back in June 2015 we created our first prototype for “Incrimination,” which was the skeleton that Deadly Premonition: The Board Game is built upon.”
Speaking of the original game’s developer, Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro, he even recorded a video giving the project the okay (which you can find below). To find out more about the board game itself, hit up its Kickstarter page. And if you haven’t played the original Deadly Premonition, you can grab the Director’s Cut on Steam, or on GOG.com. Deadly Premonition: The Board Game is expected to be released to backers by the end of the year.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- Experience Underground Nightmares with ‘Ergastulum’
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Take Back The Planet From Zombies In ‘They Are Billions’
- NES Jason Returns In ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’