The 2017 Nordic Game Awards are being held May 18th, and two of the nominees will certainly ring a bell for horror fans. Playdead’s Inside, which scored big at last month’s BAFTA Games Awards, is up for several awards, including Nordic Game of the Year, Best Audio, Best Technology, Best Game Design, and Best Art.
Meanwhile, Antagonist’s third-person Norse horror adventure Through The Woods (which has also received great acclaim) is up for Best Debut. Inside actually has the most nominations this year, but is up against the likes of EA’s Battlefield 1 (which also has five nominations), IO Interactive’s Hitman, and D-Pad Studio’s Owlboy. To say that it’ll be tough is an understatement.
If you haven’t yet played either Inside or Through The Woods, you can find both on their respective Steam pages, or on GOG.com.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘DOOM’ Unleashes Hell on the Nintendo Switch November 10
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- 5 Horror Games That Would’ve Made Better Movies!
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish