Developer Honor Code’s claustrophobic first-person horror game Narcosis first pinged my radar almost exactly three years ago, and since then, the game has quietly evolved into one of the more promising upcoming indie horror games we have to look forward to this year. The game is an obvious fit for virtual reality — that may be why it’s coming to HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and OSVR — but it looks like it’ll be plenty intense for those who choose to experience it in plain ole vanilla 2D.
Narcosis follows an “industrial catastrophe” that leaves a lone deep sea diver stranded on the cold ocean floor. The most immediate mission is to simply survive in what’s easily one of the most extreme environments one can imagine, with or without the added concerns for the many mysterious creatures that lurk in those murky depths.
Above you’ll find some new images from the game, which is due sometime later this year, only on PC. Below you’ll find another handful of less-new screens, in case you missed them the first time around. Thankfully, as far as I can tell, there’s nary a vampire squid to be seen in either gallery. I’m pretty sure that thing can steal your very soul.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘DOOM’ Unleashes Hell on the Nintendo Switch November 10
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- 5 Horror Games That Would’ve Made Better Movies!
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish