Developer Honor Code’s claustrophobic first-person horror game Narcosis first pinged my radar almost exactly three years ago, and since then, the game has quietly evolved into one of the more promising upcoming indie horror games we have to look forward to this year. The game is an obvious fit for virtual reality — that may be why it’s coming to HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and OSVR — but it looks like it’ll be plenty intense for those who choose to experience it in plain ole vanilla 2D.
Narcosis follows an “industrial catastrophe” that leaves a lone deep sea diver stranded on the cold ocean floor. The most immediate mission is to simply survive in what’s easily one of the most extreme environments one can imagine, with or without the added concerns for the many mysterious creatures that lurk in those murky depths.
Above you’ll find some new images from the game, which is due sometime later this year, only on PC. Below you’ll find another handful of less-new screens, in case you missed them the first time around. Thankfully, as far as I can tell, there’s nary a vampire squid to be seen in either gallery. I’m pretty sure that thing can steal your very soul.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- Experience Underground Nightmares with ‘Ergastulum’
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Take Back The Planet From Zombies In ‘They Are Billions’
- NES Jason Returns In ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’