Guillermo del Toro isn’t giving up on a possible collaboration with Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, and after two false starts on Silent Hills and InSANE, it sounds like he’s up for just about anything.
“I’ll do whatever the fuck he wants,” proclaimed a still-enthusiastic GDT earlier this week at the DICE 2016 in Las Vegas. “Whatever he says, I’ll do.”
Kojima only recently escaped from the sinking ship that is Konami so he could exhume his Kojima Productions studio from the ashes of Konami’s scorched earth campaign against him. He’s since partnered with Sony on “something completely new.” The mystery project is headed to the PS4 first, and if it’s successful, it’ll be the first in a planned franchise.
The two are close friends who have been vocal in their admiration of each other’s work before. You can see some of that in the keynote discussion they co-hosted — the first of many collaborations, I hope — at the DICE Summit last week. You can find that below.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- Counsellors For ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Revealed!
- ‘Darkwood’ Creeps out of Early Access August 17th
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!