I started this series in 2010, and I’ve been sporadically returning to it about once a year since. Aside from making a solid argument for the adoption of hermitude as a life style, this series is super fun to write. It’s admittedly a little unsettling to think that this wonderful planet we call our home, with all its beauty and splendor, could also be hiding churches made from bones, a museum dedicated exclusively to the majesty of penises, a sescluded island populated by deadly snakes, and another that’s gradually succumbed to an infestation of creepy dolls.
That’s not even the worst of it. I’m sure you haven’t forgotten the Aokigahara Forest, a 35 square kilometer patch of foliage that rests at the base of Mount Fuji. Hundreds of people have ventured into those woods with the singular goal of dying, resulting in its being given the absurdly horrific monicker of Japan’s Suicide Forest.
I wanted to write this sooner, but it took me awhile to find a batch of locales that were nightmarish enough to warrant it. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed by these places, so without further adieu, let’s take a look at five more terrifying places.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby