The timing of this story couldn’t be worse, so let me quickly say that this is not an April Fools joke. I had my fun earlier today — now it’s time to get serious.
The House of Mario made a number of announcements during their Nintendo Direct conference held earlier today. Among them was the long-awaited confirmation that they’ll soon be bringing the Wii U-exclusive Fatal Frame V to North America later this year.
The way they worded the announcement leads me to believe they may be renaming the game. Bill Trinen, Nintendo’s director of product marketing, referred to it as a “new entry in the Fatal Frame series,” with no mention of its subtitle. They may be treating the game as a reboot.
Below you’ll find the entire Nintendo Direct conference, but I’ve set it up so the video should skip straight to the announcement.
Fatal Frame is set in a cursed tourist attraction on Mount Hikami, and will feature three playable characters each with their own stories. The Wii U’s GamePad will control the camera you’ll need to use to fend off evil spirits.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’