The timing of this story couldn’t be worse, so let me quickly say that this is not an April Fools joke. I had my fun earlier today — now it’s time to get serious.
The House of Mario made a number of announcements during their Nintendo Direct conference held earlier today. Among them was the long-awaited confirmation that they’ll soon be bringing the Wii U-exclusive Fatal Frame V to North America later this year.
The way they worded the announcement leads me to believe they may be renaming the game. Bill Trinen, Nintendo’s director of product marketing, referred to it as a “new entry in the Fatal Frame series,” with no mention of its subtitle. They may be treating the game as a reboot.
Below you’ll find the entire Nintendo Direct conference, but I’ve set it up so the video should skip straight to the announcement.
Fatal Frame is set in a cursed tourist attraction on Mount Hikami, and will feature three playable characters each with their own stories. The Wii U’s GamePad will control the camera you’ll need to use to fend off evil spirits.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date