This has been a generous couple of weeks for discovering promising indie projects. Joining Hunger, Oxenfree and Through the Woods on my growing list of games that have recently caught my eye is something called Ashen Falls.
Conceived by artist Gilles Ketting, Ashen Falls is still very much in the conceptual stages of its development. I don’t usually cover games that aren’t quite games yet, but I was willing to make an exception for this one for the simple fact that I believe it has potential.
The concept was heavily influenced by the Silent Hill series — a popular source of inspiration for developers of upcoming horror games these days — as well as Ketting’s desire to find out what his own take on the survival horror franchise might look like. You can see some of that below. For the rest, head on over to the Ashen Falls Facebook page.
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- Does ‘Hellblade’ Delete Your Saves If You Die Too Much?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Chocolate is a Matter of State Security in the New ‘Wolfenstein II’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art