It’s not a stretch to say the first three months of 2015 have been lousy with horror games. We’ve been blessed with a steady drip-feed of spooky scary releases, and I’ve enjoyed how consistent the quality has been. With so many games arriving so closely together, you might expect more failures. That’s made this mostly solid bunch of games even more impressive.
The last three months set the bar high enough that I doubt the rest of 2015 will be able to live up to it. Even still, the remaining nine months could be considerably less exciting and I’d still consider the year a success.
As fond as I am of all these new games, the wet blanket in me can’t help but want to take this joyous time of year and bludgeon it to death with something akin to a freshly used toilet scrubbing brush. Until now, you were probably as satisfied with 2015 as I am. Enjoy that feeling while it lasts, because I’m about to show you how much better this year could’ve been.
That’s actually not true at all. The reason I’ve decided to write this piece, which I’ll admit is a bit of a downer, is because there’s a handful of games that I get asked about on a regular basis, mostly from folks who seem to assume one of the benefits I get from working for Bloody Disgusting involves horror game-exclusive Future Sight.
If you think I’m trying to hide my unusually specific superpower from you, I’d like to direct you to a similarly themed list I wrote last year. So far, an impressive zero of the eight games I said we might not see until 2015 — also known as now — are confirmed 2015 releases. Pessimists might see that as a failure on my part, but they’d be overlooking how impressive it is to attain 0% accuracy.
Let’s see how I fare this year!
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby