Those of you who have been paying close attention to my posts here on Bloody Disgusting might have noticed as my writing gradually became more unhinged this month, resembling the incoherent ramblings of a madman. The culprit behind my ever-loosening grip on my own fragile sanity is the ridiculous amount of horror games we’ve received since January.
About a year’s worth of scary games somehow managed to come out in a matter of three months, and keeping up has proven difficult.
H1Z1, Dying Light, Monstrum, The Order: 1886, Five Nights at Freddy’s 3, White Night, Zombie Army Trilogy, Resident Evil Revelations 2, the Resident Evil remaster — I can’t think of many other times when we’ve seen so many releases.
It’s a sign of the times. As great as last year was for horror games, 2015 is shaping up to be considerably better. And I’m saying that based on the games we know about. You can bet there are numerous others waiting to be revealed.
Looking back at the dozens of spooky games we’ve been gifted these past few months, which game(s) have been your favorite(s)? I’ve included a handy poll below, but I’d also like to invite you to explain why you chose what you did in the comments.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby
- One, Two, Here’s Some Freddy Krueger Art for You
- Experience Lovecraftian Pleasures in ‘Lust for Darkness’