Developer Frictional Games has been quietly toiling away on their upcoming sci-fi survival horror game SOMA for some time now. A few weeks ago, the studio apologized after a somewhat lengthy silence — often a bad sign for far-off horror games — and this weekend they broke their silence again by sharing some more exciting news.
“If all goes according to plan the beta for SOMA, our upcoming sci-fi horror game, will be done in 4 weeks,” Frictional announced on Facebook. “It feels both exciting and scary that the game is really nearly completed now. After several years of hard work, release is finally a clearly visible milestone.”
The news of imminent beta testing is something to celebrate, both for the developer and for the fans who have been itching to get their hands on this game since it was revealed nearly two years ago. Don’t get tooexcited though, because the beta won’t be a public one.
“Note that we already have all the testers we need, so no need to make requests. [SOMA] is still incomplete so just hang in there a little longer, and you’ll get the polished and proper version to immerse yourself in!”
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!