Can we all just take a minute to really enjoy that headline? That’s my favorite headline. I’d go so far as to say it justifies not only the six years I’ve been writing about video games, but my entire existence. Thank you, Undead Labs. Thank you.
If you’re wondering what I mean. It’s simple. Back when State of Decay was in development, some contract artists packed it full of hidden penises. Secret penises.
The revelation of this comedic cock-up comes from the fine folks at XBLAFans, who wrung one of my favorite news stories from Undead Labs senior designer Geoffrey Card. “Some of our contractors worked a ridiculous amount of genitalia into the background,” Card explains while simultaneously making today a goddamned holiday for me.
Alas, the copious amounts of covert genitalia have since been removed.
“Undead Labs was not aware of the textures in question until they began the process of exporting textures for State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition, and they are not visible in the original edition of State of Decay,” Microsoft explained in a statement sent to Game Informer. “Undead Labs is no longer working with the contractor in question, and this material will not be present in State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition.”
They sound like they’re angry with this mystery contractor. This person’s a hero. They’re the hero Microsoft deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
In related news, the
State of Dickay State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition is slated to hit Xbox One on April 28 for $29.99.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!