The last big game to come from developer Human Head Studios was the underrated sci-fi action game Prey. I’ve been waiting to see something new and exciting from the incredibly talented studio, and seeing as that definitely won’t be Prey 2, why not take a stab at the survival horror genre? That’s what the studio is doing with their next project, called Lost Within.
Lost Within is set in a haunted asylum — I know — which a “legendary killer” calls home. Players will need to scavenge for precious supplies to survive, crafting weapons and using the darkness to hide from enemies. Running is also an option. I think I’ll take that one, thankyouverymuch.
The game is being published by Amazon Game Studios for iPhone, iPad and the Amazon’s Fire phone. It releases this Summer.
It’s a little unfortunate that we’re again relying on the overused “scary asylum” setting, but if it’s scary, I’ll be more willing to forgive its lack of originality. What do you think?
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!