The last big game to come from developer Human Head Studios was the underrated sci-fi action game Prey. I’ve been waiting to see something new and exciting from the incredibly talented studio, and seeing as that definitely won’t be Prey 2, why not take a stab at the survival horror genre? That’s what the studio is doing with their next project, called Lost Within.
Lost Within is set in a haunted asylum — I know — which a “legendary killer” calls home. Players will need to scavenge for precious supplies to survive, crafting weapons and using the darkness to hide from enemies. Running is also an option. I think I’ll take that one, thankyouverymuch.
The game is being published by Amazon Game Studios for iPhone, iPad and the Amazon’s Fire phone. It releases this Summer.
It’s a little unfortunate that we’re again relying on the overused “scary asylum” setting, but if it’s scary, I’ll be more willing to forgive its lack of originality. What do you think?
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- Does ‘Hellblade’ Delete Your Saves If You Die Too Much?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Chocolate is a Matter of State Security in the New ‘Wolfenstein II’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art