Thought the Sega Genesis was dead? Me too. Sony loves touting a ten-year lifespan for their consoles, but Sega’s now 25 year-old console is still getting new releases, 18 years after it was officially discontinued. The latest game to hit the late, great console is Sacred Line Genesis — or rather, Sasha Darko’s Sacred Line Genesis, because that ridiculously cool name ought to sell a few extra copies — a nightmarish 16-bit visual novel that looks delightfully old school.
The game follows Ellen, a private investigator whose business is on the precipice of closure until a mysterious phone call leads her to an even more mysterious outpost, hidden deep within a forest. Spooky scary mysteries ensue!
Sacred Line Genesis is available now on its official website for $39.99.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!