Look, Capcom isn’t perfect. Like everyone else, they make mistakes. Lots of mistakes. Lots and lots of mistakes. One of their more recent fumbles regarded the PC version of Resident Evil Revelations 2, which launched without local co-op — a feature that exists on every other platform — without letting anyone know.
PC gamers were understandably upset, and while most of them turned their anger toward the publisher, others used it to remedy the problem. Realizing they done fucked up yet again, Capcom has decided to do what modders have been doing for a week now and add local co-op to the game themselves.
In an announcement on the game’s Steam page, Capcom said they’ve started working on the issue.
Hello RE fans,
Following Resident Evil Revelations 2 PC player feedback, we’ve got some new information to share. The development team has been exploring various options and we’re in the process of creating a way for players to utilize a local co-op feature
Soon we plan to release a beta branch on Steam which will allow two players to play the Story and Raid modes locally via a split screen. We want to get this feature in the hands of our PC players as soon as possible, so this option may not be 100% polished when it is released. Feedback from those who try it out is welcomed. For anyone who isn’t satisfied with this option, refunds are available through Steam.
We’ll have more specific news to share when the beta branch goes live, so please stay tuned.
If you’d like to try out the beta patch, you can find it here.
The first episode of Resident Evil Revelations 2 released last week, followed by the second, which arrived today. The third episode is scheduled to arrive on March 10 for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby