The Mortal Kombat reboot that released back in 2011 is largely known for successfully reinvigorating gaming’s bloodiest fighting franchise. That’s an impressive achievement, but a decade from now I’ll remember it most fondly for its inclusion of the horror genre’s second prettiest face — Freddy Krueger.
If you’re curious, the prettiest face belongs to Jason Voorhees. I’d climb that tall glass of curdled milk, if I wasn’t positive it’d result in my being swiftly bisected by a machete.
Granted, the Freddy we got was from the abysmal reboot that had released a year prior, replacing the irreplaceable Robert Englund with Jackie Earle Haley. Haley’s an undeniably talented guy, but Englund had two decades to construct an unforgettable character. Haley never stood a chance.
When Mortal Kombat X arrives on April 14, it’ll be followed by DLC, which, I think is safe to assume, will include a handful of new combatants. They’ll likely include some returning fighters, maybe a few original characters, and, if the God-King Ed Boon has been listening to my prayers, one or more of these horror movie characters will join the fight.
That’s a wordy enough introduction, don’t you think? Alright then, let’s go!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘System Shock 3’ Concept Art Revealed
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August