Since its debut last year, the Five Nights at Freddy’s series has quickly become the go-to horror game for “Let’s Players” and the folks who watch them. Its early success was comparable to 2012’s runaway indie hit, Slender: The Eight Pages, but since then, it’s become something else entirely.
The Five Nights games have gone beyond viral, and that momentum doesn’t seem to be slowing down even a little bit as fans patiently await the arrival of the third game later this year.
It should come as no surprise that their appeal is limited to a younger demographic. Even still, I can’t help but get a kick out of watching a few senior citizens try and play through the game, unaffected by its numerous attempts to scare them.
One of my favorite parts comes after a failed jump scare, where the guy says “Ugly face came and looked at me. I don’t like this kind of a game.” You sir, are a hero.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘System Shock 3’ Concept Art Revealed
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August