A week ago, I wasn’t sure if developer Nude Maker’s crowdfunding campaign for their point-and-click survival horror game NightCry would be another success story for the horror genre. Those worries were unnecessary, it seems, thanks to a massive surge of donations over the last few days that helped the Clock Tower spiritual successor raise an impressive $314,771.
NightCry is being made by Clock Tower creator Hifumi Kono and The Grudge director Takashi Shimizu, with creature designs by Pyramid Head creator Masahiro Ito. You can see an early build in action in the trailer below.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- Open-World Indie Game ‘Welcome To Hanwell’ Invites you to Explore
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?