Developer Ready at Dawn’s Steampunk action horror game The Order: 1886 hits this Friday, and yet there are some people who have already wrapped up its tale of an ancient battle between humans and shape-shifting “half-breeds”. One such player is YouTuber PlayMeThrough, who managed to upload a full playthrough of the upcoming game after having beaten it in just five hours.
Their channel has since been suspended and the video removed, but not before it could be shared by enough people who are now worried that The Order doesn’t come with enough content to justify its full retail price. If it can be completed in five hours, without any sort of multiplayer to pad its content, is it worth its price tag?
Obviously, value is relative. It’s also worth mentioning that this player rushed through the game, but even if it wasn’t, this is the same old “quality vs quantity” debate. For me, it’s about the experience. I’ll take a shorter, more memorable experience over one that’s longer and full of fluff.
Ready at Dawn is refusing to talk about it. They even seem a little defensive, though I suppose that’s understandable when you’ve spent several countless hours over several years pouring your blood, sweat and tears into what looks like a very intriguing and undeniably gorgeous game.
The Order: 1886 releases on Feb 20 for the PS4.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Our Most Anticipated Psychological Horror Games
- [E3 2017] Monster Hunters Wanted for ‘Hunt: Showdown’
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!