The NPD Group has revealed some promising stats for last month, which saw the PS4 reclaim the top spot as the best-selling console, selling an impressive 18.5 million systems. Hardware sales might have been down, but I doubt anyone at Sony is shedding a tear about that right now. Also worth noting is Techland’s open-world horror game Dying Light, which beat out Grand Theft Auto V to claim the top spot last month.
This is obviously great news for horror fans — and Dying Light deserves to do well — but it’s made even more impressive since it’s exclusively a current-gen title.
This is the second major horror release of the year to exceed expectations, after the Resident Evil remaster broke a couple records, becoming Capcom’s fastest-selling digital title ever. It will be interesting to see how Dead Island 2 fares, since it’ll also come to the PS3 and Xbox 360.
1. Dying Light (PS4, XBO, PC)
2. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3)
4. Minecraft (360, PS3, XBO, PS4)
5. NBA 2K15 (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
6. Super Smash Bros. (NWU, 3DS)
7. Far Cry 4 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
8. Madden NFL 15 (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3)
9. Destiny (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3)
10. FIFA 15 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS)
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!