Techland has confirmed they’ll soon be bringing an official toolset for aspiring modders to do what they want with the open-world zombie survival game Dying Light. This announcement comes a week after the latest patch caused a bit of an uproar among the modding community when it removed mod support from the game.
That, it seems, was a mistake, and it’s one the studio will soon rectify with another patch.
“Modders were a massive part of our gaming community since Call of Juarez 2 and Dead Island — and we wish to continue that with Dying Light,” explains Techland in an official statement. “This invitation is only the first stage of our cooperation with the gaming community. After the modding tools are released, we plan to actively support the coolest mods created by players.”
This toolset will be released as a free update soon. If you have an idea for a mod you’d like to share, the studio has established a modding forum where the Dying Light community can come together to share and discuss such things.
Dying Light is available now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date