Walter Sullivan – Silent Hill 4
When Silent Hill 4: The Room released in 2004, it polarized a lot of people. Some found its atmosphere, music, monsters and mind-f**k of a story satisfying enough, while others were unable to find that Silent Hill charm under all its problems. I considered myself a member of the latter group until I played the game again a few years back.
It’s not the strongest of the bunch, but my opinion of it has softened a bit over time, possibly because the games that followed it took the series even further away from its roots.
There’s a feeling of unease that permeates The Room. It’s an unnerving game, and the source of some of that comes from the game’s serial killer antagonist, Walter Sullivan. Sullivan is a product of the Order, a cult that brainwashed him as a child, instilling the belief that he must kill innocent people to fulfill some sort of ritual.
What makes this serial killer so different from the others on this list is his effect on the world the game takes place in. His fears built the horrors that lurk in Silent Hill 4’s version of the Otherworld, which easily ranks among the scariest Otherworlds of the series.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby