The Groom – Outlast: Whistleblower
Ugh, this guy again.
Outlast is a great horror game that showed me things I’m not likely to forget anytime soon, but its Whistleblower expansion took everything that made it so special and improved it. Its final act managed the impressive feat of exposing players to some of the most disgusting and depraved scenes of any horror game, and it was all led by a bright-eyed sociopath called The Groom.
The Groom waits for his victims to come to him, much like a spider, waiting until the moment where escape is no longer an option before he makes his move. By the time we meet him, evidence of his past works is everywhere, including a psychologically scarring scene that involves a patchwork of corpses with body parts in all the wrong places.
As his name implies, the Groom is simply seeking his other half, and since Mount Massive seems to be entirely bereft of female patients, the only way he can get such a thing is by using the resource he has at his disposal — namely, you — and surgically transforming them into the perfect wife.
At least the atrocious acts he commits are based off love. Granted, it’s his own abstract and super f**ked up take on what love is, but at least it’s not entirely based on pleasure (though I’m sure he gets plenty of that, too).
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘System Shock 3’ Concept Art Revealed
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August