The “narrative survival horror” game White Night is really bringing that old school flavor in this new gameplay trailer. Set in Boston in the 1930s, the game follows a man who gets stranded near a mansion, which he decides to explore because apparently, he hasn’t played Resident Evil.
“We wanted to create something that people would enjoy, but also something that would stand out as unusual and refreshing in today’s survival horror landscape,” says OSome Studio co-founder and creative director Ronan Coiffec in a post on the PlayStation Blog.
“That meant revisiting the themes that made classic horror games like the original Alone in the Dark so gripping: mature storytelling, strong characters, compelling environments, and equal respect for tension and terror,” he continue. “White Night is a good old ghost story full of mystery, poetry, alchemy, and suspense.”
White Night hits PC, PS4 and Xbox One on March 3.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby