One of the reasons you might pick Dying Light off the shelf over, say, any of the other bazillion zombie games that are out there right now is for its satisfying melee combat. Hacking away at walking corpses with a machete that’s been electrically charged by the battery you just taped to it — because video game logic — is part of the fun. Take that away and what have you got?
A damn entertaining playthrough, apparently.
YouTuber BOYvsVIDEOGAME has, for some reason, decided to play through Dying Light in its entirety without weapons. Nary a blade or bludgeoning tool is used. Every baddie goes down in a flurry of kicks and punches, because that’s a real challenge. I have part one of his playthrough for you below. The rest can be found over here.
I’m going to take down my Dying Light survival guide now. I’m clearly not Van Damme enough to write such a thing.
Dying Light is available now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. You can find my review of it here.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Counsellors For ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Revealed!
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?