Gun Media has revealed the man behind the mask in their upcoming 80’s themed slasher game Slasher Vol. 1: Summer Camp, and it’s a name that fans of the Friday the 13th films should easily recognize. Kane Hodder — Jason Voorhees himself — will be donning a different mask in this game, but his duty will be the same: kill, kill kill.
“Honestly, who else could we have chosen for the role of the killer?” explains Wes Keltner, co-creator of Summer Camp. “Several people have worn the mask, but in our eyes, there was only one. Kane has the body type, the presence and demeanor that personify the unrelenting, undying killing force we’re after for Summer Camp.”
With Kane Hodder and FX legend Tom Savini (Dawn of the Dead, From Dusk till Dawn) involved, I don’t understand why the world hasn’t exploded already.
“Everyone has their own skills. One of mine happens to be killing people on screen. When Wes and the team behind Summer Camp came to me, I jumped at the chance to bring my skills to gamers around the world. Combined with the fact that Savini is on board and Manfredini is doing the soundtrack? This is a no-brainer.”
Hodder gets it.
Summer Camp is one of a handful of upcoming horror games we have to look forward to in what looks like a slasher game renaissance.
This isn’t the kind of mess that slasher fans have come to expect from the genre, but if we can get a few great horror games out of all this, it’ll be worth it. With everything it has going for it, Summer Camp isn’t likely to disappoint.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!