It didn’t take long for Kholat to climb my list of indie horror games I can’t wait to get my hands on. The setting is based on a horrific incident that claimed the lives of nine students exactly 56 years ago in the Dyatlov Pass, which sits at the base of Siberia’s “Death Mountain”. Young men and women dying horribly is tragic, but this specific event also happens to be thoroughly unsettling.
This animated video from the makers of Kholat does a good job of explaining why this story is worth turning into a spooky video game.
In related news, actor Sean Bean has joined the project as a lead narrator. Bean will forever be known to me as Boromir from The Lord of the Rings, but he also did fine work on Silent Hill and Game of Thrones.
Kholat is slated to release on April 24 for PC.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!