It didn’t take long for Kholat to climb my list of indie horror games I can’t wait to get my hands on. The setting is based on a horrific incident that claimed the lives of nine students exactly 56 years ago in the Dyatlov Pass, which sits at the base of Siberia’s “Death Mountain”. Young men and women dying horribly is tragic, but this specific event also happens to be thoroughly unsettling.
This animated video from the makers of Kholat does a good job of explaining why this story is worth turning into a spooky video game.
In related news, actor Sean Bean has joined the project as a lead narrator. Bean will forever be known to me as Boromir from The Lord of the Rings, but he also did fine work on Silent Hill and Game of Thrones.
Kholat is slated to release on April 24 for PC.
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- Does ‘Hellblade’ Delete Your Saves If You Die Too Much?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Chocolate is a Matter of State Security in the New ‘Wolfenstein II’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art