Naughty Dog writer Neil Druckmann has offered an update on the progress that’s been made on the film adaptation of the acclaimed post-apocalyptic survival game The Last of Us, and so far, things seem to be going smoothly. Some creative license is being taken with the story, which Druckman says will be “Pretty faithful to the game. There are some big changes, but the tone and what the story’s trying to say is pretty faithful to the game.”
This is good news, unless you’re just looking for a live-action version of the game. If that’s what you want, I’d happily tape a mushroom to my face and start making clicking noises. Just be sure to let me know well ahead of time so I can find the right mushrooms. Shroom rash is the worst.
It’s still early, but The Last of Us has already gotten off to a much smoother start than some of the video game adaptations that have tried, and failed, to get made these past few years. Druckman tells Game Informer that he’s already finished the second draft.
They’ve also held a table read with some of the actors, though he wouldn’t say if that included Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams, who is currently the clear favorite for the role of Ellie.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby